11.30.2008

My Achy Breaky Heart

Wow. That's about all I can say. Yesterday's loss was definitely not what I nor any other Tiger expected. Is this a lesson to always be prepared for the unexpected? Maybe so. Especially with such a big rivalry. I guess this proves that when you play with heart you can overcome your weaknesses. 


Heart is something I thought was lacking in the Tigers until the second half. It seemed that MU went into the game with the expectation to come out with a win and forgot to put their heads in the game. Contrary to that, anyone could tell that Todd Reesing wanted the Showdown win more than anything. He played with heart and passion from the very first minute of the game. So did every other Jayhawk. In my opinion, the heart came a little too late for Mizzou. 

Even so, however, the game was a battle and can't be described otherwise. Down to the last minute of the game the winner was still unpredictable. "Showdown," although politically correct, can't begin to describe the intensity of the game. The former term "war" is probably a more accurate word.

But despite the loss, Mizzou will be back at Arrowhead next week to face Oklahoma who was just named the South champion this afternoon. I'll keep my mouth shut about how that game will turn out, but let's just hope for a good game.

No comments: